Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Clinic
Gastrointestinal diseases are common diseases. If left untreated, there could be severe complications such as gastro esophageal reflux disease, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, hepatitis, stomach cancer, colon cancer, and liver cancer, etc.
Specializations at Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Center at Mahachai 2 Hospital
1. Endoscopic examination of the stomach and colon is done by providing sleeping pills and analgesia for the patients to feel comfortable. The patients will not feel pains as they will fall unconscious during the procedure.
2. The cameras used in the tests are very modern and small which helps reduce the comfortability during the procedure. The camera used in the stomach is of 0.92 centimeter in diameter only (smaller than little finger) while the camera used for the colon examination is 1.2 centimeter in diameter (the size of index finger).
3. The camera used in the examination is highly effective with high magnification lens, 2 millimeters close-up focus, high-resolution with Megapixel CMOS image sensor and FICE images, (Flexible spectral Imaging Color Enhancement, spectra of the light source adjustment techniques for the selection of light wave to help identifying pathology). This allows thorough and accurate diagnosis of gastrointestinal disorders from the beginning. Even intestinal polyps smaller than a pea can be detected.
4. There is a preparation room before colonoscopy procedure. The patients will feel comfortable as the cleanse of the colon can be done here. Patients do not have to eat laxative to clean the colon from home as some patients tend to feel uncomfortable or need to go to the bathroom while traveling to the hospital. Side effect of the laxative may result in uncomfortability which results in improperly cleaned colon. Hence the test results may not be very thorough and accurate.
5. We provide diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases such as stomach pain, gastro esophageal reflux disease, gastritis, diarrhea, constipation, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, and colon cancer, etc.
6. We provide diagnosis of liver and gall bladder diseases such as liver inflammation, fatty liver disease, hepatitis, liver cancer, gallbladder gallstones etc.
Abnormal excretion such as diarrhea, constipation, unusual characteristics of feces, for example with blood
Difficulty or discomfort in swallowing
Yellowing of skin and eyes
Groups of diseases
1. Esophageal and gastro esophageal diseases
Gastritis and colon inflammation
Gastro esophageal reflux disease : GERD
Barrett’s esophagus (symptoms of esophageal epithelium changes)
Celiac disease (intestinal inflammation caused by gluten intolerance)
The excretory changes such as constipation, alternating diarrhea
Polyps in the colon
2.Liver and bile ducts diseases
Gallstones in the gallbladder
Liver diseases caused by alcohol consumption
Bile duct cancer
Fatty liver disease not caused by alcohol consumption
Saturday - Tuesday 8.00 - 17.00 hrs.
Wednesday,Friday 8.00 - 17.00 hrs.
Thursday 8.00 - 19.00 hrs.
The dates and times are subject to change as deemed appropriate. We reserve the rights to prior notice.
For more information or an appointment in advance Tel. 0-2117-4999, 0-2431-0054 ext. 2300